I've been a movement educator for 40 years and am a Continuing Education Provider for the Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA).
BS in Exercise Science, Auburn University
Emphasis: Adult Fitness & Dance
* AEA Aquatic Fitness Instructor
* American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor
* ACE Personal Trainer
* ACE Health Coach
* Licensed POUND Fit Pro
* American Heart Association CPR/AED
* YMCA Equivalency Foundations of Group Exercise at the Y
* Currently working on ACE Mind Body Specialist Certification
* Licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor, including Aqua Zumba, Zumba Toning, Zumba Gold, and Zumba Gold-Toning from 2010-2017
I've worked as a Fitness & Aquatic Director for many YMCAs where I cultivated and trained budding group fitness and water fitness instructors, giving them the tools to succeed. I've also been a choreographer for CAST Theatre, the Auburn Entertainers collegiate dance team, and the Auburn Dance Theatre. I'm a two-time presenter at the International Aquatic Fitness Conference (IAFC) in Tampa, Florida and presented at SCW ATLANTA MANIA this summer. I teach POUND, Tabata, Yoga, Dance Fitness, Splash Dance (water fit) and Deep Water Cardio Party classes for the Golden Isles YMCA in Brunswick.
In the dance arena, I've taught jazz, tap, ballet, gymnastics, and baton twirling, and was a champion baton twirler in high school. Every fall, I dust off my batons and twirl with my high school alumni marching band at a football game. My parents met each other while teaching ballroom dance at Arthur Murray Ballroom Dance, so you could say that dance and movement to music are in my blood.